Can I Dine With Fido?
Whether you are driving across the country, or just going out for lunch, sometimes you want to dine with your four-legged friend. However, Alabama restaurants are less accommodating than restaurants in states like California or New York so knowing where to go and what to expect are key to a memorable experience.
Guidelines do exist so pet owners should "wag lightly" when bringing Fido to a restaurant. First, make sure you can access the outdoor seats without having to walk through the inside of the restaurant. Due to Federal and State Health Codes and Laws, the only animals allowed inside a restaurant are service animals. Second, call ahead before you go. If restaurants offer patio dining it is solely up to the property owners whether or not Fido is welcomed. In addition, restaurants have different policies for patrons dining with a furry companion. If you or your pet can't follow their policies, leave your pet at home. Third, be considerate of other diners. An unruly pet is just as unwelcoming as an unruly child. And last, medical complications (like pet allergies) may interfere with another dining patron's experience so pet owners need to be accommodating.
When you do find that perfect outdoor eating establishment, be sure to practice good doggie dining etiquette. Here are some tips that will help outdoor restaurants continue to be pet-friendly.
Etiquette Tips For Dogs At Outdoor Restaurants
- Make sure your pooch is well-behaved around other people especially children.
- Leash your four-legged friend and keep him or her from socializing with other diners or employees, unless welcomed.
- Try to keep your dog close to your table or chair so he or she is not in the waiter's path. Dogs are not allowed on the chairs or tables.
- Bring your own doggie bowl or ask the waiter for a paper or plastic bowl or cup for water if necessary. Pets are not permitted to eat or drink out of restaurant glasses or dishes unless they are disposable.
- Remember to tie your dog to your chair and not a table. A dog tied to a table can result in spilled drinks or food if he or she is strong enough to make the table move.
Even though you may see your favorite restaurant on our list below, owners change and situations change, so call first.
Montgomery Restaurants Allowing Patio Dining With Pets
- Aviator Bar
- Alley Bar
- Black Finn
- Capital Oyster Bar
- Chappy's Deli
- City Grill
- Dream Land BBQ
- Fire Birds
- Five Guys
- Irish Bred Pub
- Jalapeno's (Alley location)
- Jim & Nicks
- Johnny Ryans
- Kudzu Noodle Bar
- Mid Town Pizza Kitchen
- Scott Street Deli
- Sinclair's (Cloverdale)
- Tipping Point
- Which Wich
- Za Za's
- Zoe's Kitchen
Please note, the abovementioned list is not intended to be comprehensive. It is a guideline of restaurants allowing pet patio dining at the time this article was published. Please contact us if you know of restaurants to add or if any restaurants listed need to be removed.